Wednesday, March 10, 2010

VIOLENCE AGAINST PREGNANT WOMEN:
I'M PROTECTED NOW


by Sarah Sonne
Winnipeg Sun, November 19 2008


Re: Conservative policy convention. I am writing to commend the Conservative party for passing Resolution P-207 (protecting pregnant women) at their policy convention this past weekend. Passing legislation that recognizes the injury or death of an unborn child during an attack on a pregnant woman is something that will secure my vote for, and trust in, the Conservative party.



I am looking forward to the day when I can be pregnant and know that my decision to keep my child is respected and my unborn child is fully protected. Thank you for listening to my voice, and the voice of many other young women, and making it party policy to protect us in the way we, as young and pregnant women, want to be protected and not compromising to appease a demographic that is not, and does not want to be, pregnant.


Sarah Sonne
Vanier, Ont.

No comments: