Friday, March 12, 2010


VIOLENCE AGAINST PREGNANT WOMEN:
DON'T GIVE UP
 by Sven Eric Johnson

Ottawa Citizen, September 3 2008


In recent news, Justice Minister Rob Nicholson announced that the Conservative party was proposing to abandon Bill C-484, the Unborn Victims of Crime Act, due to the possible federal election.

As a young boy growing up on a farm in Saskatchewan, I distinctly remember my father telling me, at the age of five or six, how important it was to always finish any job or project that I'd started. I really wish a great big dad would sit down our government leaders and look them straight in the eye and tell them this.

It is a shame to see so much hard work to go down the tubes all in the hopes of being most popular party with the most votes. I also seem to remember from high school, those who moved on to the next grade or were honoured at graduation, were those who worked and completed their work, and not necessarily those who were most popular.

My hopes are, for the sake of demonstrating its integrity to Canadians, that the Conservative party continues working toward the goal they started with. They need to promise they will reintroduce legislation after the election outcome.

Sven Eric Johnson,
Ottawa

No comments: