Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Gandhi once said, "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Although I may not agree with much of his spiritual ideals, many of his activist ideals really set my mind to working.

This last March 12-18 I had the immense priviledge in helping lead a group of young people, along with a few young at heart folks in being the change they've always longed to see in Canada. How do we do that? The answer is simple. You operate in the Spirit of Christ.

We learned that it is not enough to operate in the Spirit of Christ by coming to Ottawa. It wasn't even enough to operate in the Spirit of Christ by praying at NHOP. We needed to operate in the Spirit of Christ through the halls of Parliament, through the Senate and Supreme Court, through the streets of Ottawa and even in front of the Prime Minister's house! We were a sight to see, I'm sure. But the Lord had arrested our hearts.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

A righteous revolution has been sparked in Canada. The seeds are being stirred. Still I'm not interested if you know that righteous revolution is upon us. I'm interested to know that you know you're a part of it. We've moved from the place of longing for the day when the government will look to the church for answers. We've moved to the place where this is happening now. How do I know? Because I've heard with my own ears our government leaders tell me this. I've looked into their eyes as they've called for us to arrive not just as a voice, but with action.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

William Booth, founder of the Salvation Army was once questioned about moving to quickly in his work. His answer has been ringing in my ears these last few days. "Can we move too fast in saving souls? If anyone still wants a reply, let him first ask the lost souls in hell."

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Possess the gates of influence in your nation. They are waiting for you.



- Kayle Mumby

No comments: